Tim Kubart was born to bring joy. Whether as a Kindie Rocker, Chica’s best friend on Sprout’s Sunny Side Up Show, “Tambourine Guy” with Postmodern Jukebox, or his countless other roles, you can’t watch or listen to Tim without leaving with a smile on your face. Tim’s new album, Home, is a reflection of his ebullient spirit and a wonderful album that both parents and children can enjoy, and especially the littlest ones.
For this #8isEnoughQuestions interview, each of the following questions was written by one of our Full Van Fun family members and answered directly by Tim Kubart. Enjoy!
1) Your new album, Home, covers a range of musical styles – is there a specific musical style that has influenced you the most?
Pop music. Even though “Home” might make its way through styles, the center of everything is pop. I like listening to what’s going on right now: Taylor Swfit, Sara Bareilles, Paramore, Bruno Mars. Artists like Bruno Mars do a throwback thing, but it’s still so current. That’s what I’ve been trying to do, since it’s both what kids are already listening to, and what my friends and I have been dancing to.
2) Did you ever eat mac & cheese for breakfast?
Haha, maybe in college? I remember eating pasta for breakfast before soccer games.
3) Who is your favorite superhero and did you ever dress up like them for Halloween?
Daredevil!I haven’t. My sister recently bought me Superman pajamas though.
4) As a resident of New York City, what do you like better: Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, or New Year’s Eve in Times Square?
The Parade. I go every year, and I’ve been lucky that the past 2 Thanksgivings (and this upcoming) I’ve been able to be in it on Sprout’s float, singing songs about kindness. I also work at 30 Rock, so I get to see the tree every day. I always like to say that my office puts up pretty okay Christmas decorations.
5) How do you think the “Tambourine Guy” would dance to a Postmodern Jukebox cover of Enya’s “Orinoco Flow”?
I have never heard that song, listening now….lots of side to side hip dancing.
6) Were you a tree in your 2nd grade show and did it look like the video?
I was! It looked nothing like the video. I can’t even remember the play, but I can remember my costume was itchy.
7) You’ve been fortunate to work with many very talented artists, but if you could perform with anyone in the world, who would it be?
Paul McCartney. “Let it Be” is the perfect song.
8) Is Chica magic?
I’ll ask her…she said “yes.”
Thank you Tim Kubart for an excellent #8isEnoughQuestions interview! Don’t miss our previous interviews with Lucky Diaz and Alisha Gaddis, Bryan Vander Ark of The Verve Pipe, Play Date, Recess Monkey, Andrew and Polly, and stay tuned for the our next interview which features Turkey Andersen!